Web design page
If you have a ecommerce website developed by it software development company and have selected the credit card processing service that you want to you use, you need a way to organize and display your products. Once again convenience is an important part. You will want to make it easy for your customers to find the products they are looking for. If your products have attributes, such as size or color, you want to be sure the customer can find and make a selection of the attributes easily.
There are literally hundreds of shopping system software packages available. They range in price from free to several thousands of dollars. There are some that operate from both your side (client side) and the server side (the place where your web site is hosted). There are some that operate from the server side only and some that operate from the client side only. The options are astounding.
Questions For Your Website
Below is a list of some of the questions that you should answer before deciding on a eCommerce system for your business.
- Do you have a large number of items to sell? (100+)
- Do the items that you sell have attributes? (color, size, etc.)
- Does the package support the attributes that you need?
- What about suggestive selling? Will you need that to reach your market? Does the package allow it?
- Do you need to classify the items into departments / sections etc.?
- Do you need an online catalog?
- Do you need your catalog to be database driven? For very large numbers of items, this is the best way.
- Are the item pages static or are the pages created dynamically? (Dynamic is better for a large number of items)
- What about shipping? Do you presently compute shipping by weight or dollar value? If tangible goods, you should use a traceable shipping service to hold down on charge backs.
- How are the orders sent to you? — Download a file / Email messages?
- What is the order ship time?
- What about back-end features?
- If your conducting business now, how do you track inventory?
- Will the shopping cart interface with your present accounting system? i.e. using Quickbooks – sales transaction import features.
- Is SSL on the same server you are on or does it pass the SSL process to another server? If it does, will the shopping cart package work across two servers in the same domain?
- Do you need your own SSL certificate? This is recommended but not always necessary.
- Are you willing to change ISPs if the shopping cart will only run on NT or Unix?
I will help you answer these questions and more.
I provide some of the most sophisticated virtual shopping carts and systems available. Our virtual shopping systems are designed for any size or type of business. From a standard system to a complex custom built system, I offer products like marketplace startup software, programs and options that are custom fit for the client.